EpicDuel is a free browser-based MMO with cartoonish graphics from Artix Entertainment. Unlike Artix/Battleon’s single player web RPGs such as AdventureQuest, DragonFable, Mechquest, and Warpforce, EpicDuel is an online multiplayer game. EpicDuel also differs from AQ Worlds, a free MMORPG, by being focused on PvP rather than PvE. In fact, this game’s future will be interesting since it marks the first time that Artix has made a straight PvP game. PvP is usually the toughest aspect to get right in any game because balance and latency issues usually pop up. EpicDuel tries to combat those issues by offering only three classes and sticking with just one-on-one and two-on-two battles. The game also has an auto-matching features that helps you find worthy opponent(s) and, if needed, a teammate. You can see how good you are by following the game’s many leaderboards. Keep in mind, however, that you have a better chance of doing well in the game by purchasing Varium. Varium allows your character to access more features and allows for the purchasing of special items. Overall, EpicDuel is a very simplistic way to experience PvP combat.
- Free to play.
- PvP Focused.
- Cartoonish graphics.
- Various leaderboards.
- Three classes: Mercenary, Tech Mage, and Bounty Hunter.
- Left-click your mouse to move your character.
- Turn-based combat.
- Features 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2 battles.
- Auto-matching feature to find you teammates and opponents.
- Faction system.
- NPCs can sell items and heal playing characters.
- RPG elements such as skills, experience and levels.
- Buying Varium allows more features and content.